Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Got the Moves Like Frogger

Let's get straight to the point today - this week pretty much marks the first week of the best few months of gaming in 2011. The reason I say this is because it technically is the start of Q3 (third quarter of the year), and there are at least SIXTEEN great games coming out in the next four months.



So far this week we've gotten Dead Island, which was the last blog's feature, and even more recently: Resistance 3! Star Fox 3D comes out tomorrow, which is exciting for fans of the 3DS who've been complaining about the lack of games and third-party support for the 3DS (I'll get to that in another blog).



But I'd say the third most-hyped game of September (saddling up next to Dead Island and Resistance 3) is RAGE, which recently got pushed back to early October (4th). Some might say it's more hyped, some might say less, but I'm just going by personal opinion and what I've seen and heard. RAGE is yet another game published by Bethesda, who have published quite a few games this year, such as Hunted: The Demon's Forge, which didn't receive very high ratings, and Brink, which also didn't do too well on the critic score.


Bethesda has been publishing mediocre games recently, true, but I'm sure RAGE is going to impress those who've been looking forward to it (and if you're not sure, check out the iOS version and some gameplay videos). However, Bethesda has held off until the end of the year to release their most exciting title, that they actually developed themselves: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!



Some people think Skyrim is going to win Game of the Year and get 10's from all reviewers, which I don't think is all that likely seeing as it's going to have some competition with Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Modern Warfare 3 and a few other games that could surprise us. I'm quite excited for all four of those games, but don't overlook Professor Layton and the Last Specter, as it's one of my most-hyped games of 2011, and Professor Layton is one of my favorite game-series of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment